Many people are looking at our world and are concerned by what they see.
Is there any hope that our world’s problems will ever be solved?
We need a person or group of people with the wisdom, authority and power to implement a solution despite the inevitable opposition.
We will explore whether this is ever likely to happen.
We need someone with the wisdom and power to solve our world’s problems
Let’s look at the job specification for a world ruler to see what sort of person this would have to be. An advert might read like this:
WORLD PRESIDENT. Applications are invited for the most important job in the world.
- Must know all the answers.
- Will have to wrestle with the world’s trickiest problems and come up with the right solution every time.
- must have the personality to inspire devoted loyalty in subordinates.
- must have the strength of character to impose decisions (some of which will be highly unpopular).
- will be capable of directing the powerful World Police Force without being the least bit tyrannical or ruthless.
- must have spotless personal conduct.
- must be kind and understanding when confronted by weaknesses in others.
Who then can fill this apparently impossible job?
There is a person whose teaching and wisdom turned the world upside down. There is good reason to believe the record of his life and actions. The person is the Lord Jesus Christ and the record of his life and teaching is in the Bible.
If we look at the Bible, we will see that there are very good reasons to trust its message. The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ has the character required in the “World President” job specification. It also tells us of a rescue plan for our earth. The plan involves the return of the Jesus Christ to the earth to sort out the problems in our world.
The Bible also tells us that we can be involved in this wonderful rescue plan.